Design, Audit, and Enforce any Data Model in ServiceNow
ServiceNow is a great platform. However, to get the full benefits, the data within needs to be of high quality. Perceived problems with ServiceNow are often issues with data, not the platform itself.
Data Content Manager is a ServiceNow certified add-on that enforces your data models and helps maintain and improve your data quality. It can increase the effectiveness and automation of your workflows while reducing unnecessary manual work and costly errors.
Data Content Manager works on any data, from CMDB to your Custom Tables. It is easy to set up, and you can get results in hours – not weeks or months.
Some typical use cases for Data Content Manager include
- Accelerating CSDM implementation & Improving CMDB Reliability
- Increasing Asset Management Reliability
- Improving Integration Data Quality
- Improving Incident Management throughput
No development, customization, or scripting is needed to get results. All tools are visual and intuitive and do not require elevated user rights or in-depth ServiceNow knowledge.
Data Content Manager turns your data quality management on the platform from a chain of data improvement projects into a systematic process with built-in KPIs.
consists of four phases:
|DCM Blueprint Designer||Information architects or system admins can create and maintain data model diagrams on ServiceNow.|
- Visual and easy-to-use diagramming tool for creating and maintaining data blueprints for various purposes.
- Users can drag & drop existing data classes (ServiceNow tables) on the data model diagram.
- through the data blueprint planning process.
- Blueprint version management takes care of automatic version numbering and transitions between the old and new versions.
- records can be used in different situations.
- Data Provider configuration allows defining who is responsible for providing data related to particular blueprint versions.
|AUDIT||DCM Audit||A functionality that compares the current data content against the blueprint's rules & conditions, and reports any deviations.|
- Audit existing data against graphically defined data models, blueprints.
- Single or multiple root record audits.
- Data Provider assignment for each audit message.
- Automated data analysis and audit report.
- Scheduled audits.
- Data audit dashboard.
DCM Content Planner
|Data analysts can manage data content by making use of blueprints. The selected blueprint guides the user through the content creation process|
- The data content is defined & rules to ensure high data compliance and quality.
- Data Content Planner o define data content correctly, to the selected data blueprint.
- All blueprints and data content sets are planned in an isolated DCM safety zone, without any risk of harm for business-critical production data.
- Users can preview the planned data content and validate any changes before updating them to the production data tables with Data Population Wizard.
- One-click data population updates the target tables automatically.
|MEASURE & AUTOMATE||DCM Workspace|
Comprehensive reporting on Audit Results, Remediation Tasks, and Blueprints.
Automation for remediation task creation based on audit results.
- Interactive dashboards for audit results, remediation tasks, and blueprints.
- Create task configurations to create tasks based on selected audit results.
- Multiple different task creation methods based on a single audit message, an audited record, or an assignee for example.
- Automatic assignment to responsible persons or groups.
- Tasks are created based on Unique Audit Messages in order to avoid reporting the same issue multiple times and creating duplicate tasks.
- Workspace dashboards for an overview and personal use.
|Duplicate checking||Check duplicates in any ServiceNow table.|
|Roles||DCM includes different user roles to better control the usage in each module.|
|Add ons||DCM functionality can be expanded to other ServiceNow applications using Add-ons available in DCM Wiki.|